Feb 9, 2012

Creator Profile: Epheriell & *bespoke*

Tell us about yourself!

I'm a 30-year-old full-time crafty lady from outside of Brisbane.  A few years back, I went from not even being able to knit in a straight line to being an obsessive crafter.  I went on a bit of a crafty odyssey till I found my craft of choice - silversmithing!




From there, a whole new world opened up for me, and I dove into the craft community.  I'm still here, and now my creations are my full-time business. When I'm not reading a novel on my kindle, that is.

My partner-in-crime is my awesome husband, Nick, who runs the household and helps me run the business, too!
 


What do you create?

I have two main businesses - my eco-friendly jewellery range, Epheriell, and my crafty zine, *bespoke*!

Epheriell is my first love and main business, and *bespoke* came along a little later. *bespoke* is a print and digital zine that comes out quarterly, and it's filled with interviews, stories, tutorials and more aimed at the creative and crafty community in Australia.

I also have a full-time daily lifestyle blog - Epheriell Designs - where I blog about craft, creativity, life and business.
 

 
Are your products vegan friendly?

Well, all of the silver I use for my Epheriell designs is 100% recycled. That is - it's harvested from old photos, industrial processes, etc, then re-refined. No newly mined metal is included. So, not specifically vegan, but certainly earth-conscious!
 
 
How long have you been making things?

I think I enjoyed making stuff as a little kid, but that kinda disappeared as I got older. I have a hideous unfinished scarf I tried to knit in my early 20s, but I think the first thing I actually finished was another scarf, once the crafting bug hit me in my late 20s. I wish I could remember which one it was now!
 
Where do you get your inspiration?

Oh, I never know how to answer this question! I'm so immersed in the creative world these days, inspiration hits me from all angles. For my jewellery designs, sometimes I'll just get a bolt out of the blue... a 'what if I tried this...' sort of idea. Sometimes I'll see a shape that sparks off an idea, or just sit down with my sketchpad and doodle till I come across a design I like.
 

 
How can people contact you?

Blog - EpheriellDesigns.com
Shop - Epheriell.com
*bespoke* zine - bespokezine.com
Facebook - facebook.com/epheriell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...