Oct 3, 2011
*1/2 onion, finely chopped $0.16
*6 mushrooms, chopped $1.26
*1 shredded carrot $0.34
*10 rice paper wrappers $1.20 (I used 16cm)
*1/2 cup sprouts $0.60
*1 shredded zucchini $1.36
*1 tsp salt and pepper
*1 tbsp each ginger and soy sauce
*1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
*2 tbsp lemon juice
*1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Fry up the onion and mushroom.
2. Prepare the rest of the ingredients. Mix all together in a bowl.
3. Prepare rice paper wraps as per instructions on packet.
4. Spoon filling into middle and wrap.
5. Mix the sauce ingredients together except water. Add water slowly until the desired consistency is reached.
Makes: About ten.
Total: $4.92 or $0.50 each (not including the sauce).
Variations: You can put just about any vegetable you like in this, feel free to experiment!