Below is one of the images I was given to work from. It's a lot more detailed than the one from the game (everything is square and pixelated) but it gave me something to work from.
|Deconstructing the Creeper|
- 4 head pieces - 8cm x 8cm
- 8 top and bottom of leg pieces - 2.5cm x 3cm
- 1 under head piece - 8cm x 8cm with 5.5cm x 4.5cm hole cut in it
- 4 fronts of leg pieces - 2.5cm x 5.5cm
- 4 inside of leg pieces - 3cm x 5.5cm
- 4 under body leg pieces - 3.5cm x 2.5cm
- 1 under body piece - 4.5cm x 5.5cm
- 2 side body + leg pieces (see picture above - second piece down shaped like a spanner-ish)
- 2 body pieces, front and back (see above pic - shaped like a rectangle with a tiny piece sticking out)
- 2 eye pieces
- 1 mouth piece
After cutting out the 30 body pieces...
...I set about sewing them together. As I wanted it to look 'boxy' I sewed it up on the outside. Normally I sew it up in reverse, then flip it inside out and stuff it. Although, for the edges that weren't poking out (under the head, inbetween the legs, etc), I sewed them on the inside. It's all quite fiddly but totally worth it for the end result. In the below pictures you can just see that hte top of the legs, where they join to the body, are sewn up on the inside.
It took a while to get it all sewn up, as there were a lot of pieces. I left one of the body sides at the back slightly open to stuff him.