*2 cans brown lentils $3.10
*1 large carrot, grated $0.24
*2 medium zucchini, grated $1.26
*1 onion, sliced $0.54
*1 can diced tomatoes $0.69
*1.5 tsp curry powder
*2 cloves garlic
*pepper and salt
*dash of oil
*3.5 cups non-dairy milk $2.20
*6 tbsp plain flour $0.06 (use gluten free flour if that's how you roll)
*2 tbsp Nuttelex $0.43 (this is vegan margarine)
*dash of salt
*1 pack lasagne sheets $2.19 (gluten free $4.26)
Optional: Add some celery and if you have nutritional yeast, add about 1/3 cup of that to the white sauce.
1. Mix together onion, a dash of oil, zucchini and carrot and saute for ~10 minutes.
2. Mix in the rest of the filling ingredients and cook.
3. Make white sauce by first melting the butter in a pot then adding the milk and flour - stir as it thickens.
4. Layer lasagne sheets, then filling, then sauce. Repeat til you run out.
5. Spread any left over white sauce on top.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 180C or until lasagne sheets are soft.
Makes: 6 serves.
Total: $10.65 or $1.78 per serve.