Jan 8, 2012

Eggplant Steaks

This post is more of an idea starter than a recipe.



There are many ways that you can prepare the eggplant.  I sliced mine into 1cm thick 'fillets' and then put them on a tea towel.  I sprinkled them with salt to help drain the moisture away (the longer you leave it, the better their texture).


I then mixed together some paprika, vegetable oil and chili powder and covered them with it.


I put them in the oven (with my casserole) for 30-40 minutes at 180C until soft (I poked one with a fork to check).  Remember to flip over and brush with oil on the other side at the 15 minute mark!

You can use them on burgers, by themselves with some veggies, chopped up on a wrap...  They're very versatile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...