|With tin of tomatoes|
|Without tin of tomatoes.|
*1 cup dry red lentils $1.00
*1 onion, chopped $0.54
*1 zucchini, grated $0.84
*1 carrot, grated $0.34
*2 garlic cloves, minced $0.10
*2 cubes vegetable stock $0.54
*basil, oregano, thyme
*handfull of spaghetti $0.35
*1 can diced tomatoes $0.80
Variations: Add chopped celery, mushrooms, make some tvpballs.
1. Prepare 2 cups of water with the veggie stock, boiling.
2. Add the lentils, zucchini, carrot (and/or celery, mushrooms) and tomatoes.
3. Fry onion and garlic in pan.
4. Cook pasta.
5. Add onion and garlic to lentil mix.
6. Pour lentil mix onto drained pasta (add tvpballs if you made some).
Makes: Two serves.
Total: $4.51 or $2.25 per serve.