- 1 tsp each turmeric, pepper and cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 cup dried mung beans
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 handfulls spinach
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups of water
- Put mung beans,water, vegetable stock, herbs and spices into a large pot on high, then turn down to let simmer. You may need to add more water to keep it nice and liquidy.
- Put brown rice and water in another pot to cook.
- Fry onion and garlic in a pan with oil until onion is see-through. Add to mung bean mix.
- Take brown rice off heat once cooked.
- Add finely chopped spinach to mung bean mix once there are 10 minutes to go (should have been cooking for about 25 minutes now, no need to worry about being exact, we only want the spinach to be wilted).
- Take mung beans off heat, serve with rice.