- 1 cup yellow split peas, uncooked 80c
- 3-4 cups water
- 2 cubes veggie stock 40c
- 10 mushrooms $2.20
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp Nuttelex
- 1/2 onion, diced 30c
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic 5c
- dash pepper and salt, to taste
- 1 cup rice 90c
- Place water, stock, peas, chopped mushrooms and turmeric in a large pot and let simmer for 25 minutes. You may need to continue adding water to ensure it's not too dry.
- Cook rice in water in seperate pot.
- Fry onion, garlic, Nuttelex and cumin.
- Add onion mix to pea mix. Allow to simmer for another 10 minutes, until peas are soft.
- Serve with rice.