Oct 10, 2011

Strawberry Cupcakes

I had a lot of strawberries left from smoothie making (turns out I'm not that keen on strawberries) so I decided to fiddle with the blueberry cupcakes recipe and see if I could make some yummy strawberry cupcakes.



Ingredients:
*1/2 cup raw sugar         $0.10
*1 tsp salt
*2 tsp vanilla
*1 tsp cinnamon
*1/4 cup veg oil              $0.29
*3/4 cup dairy-free milk $0.36
*1.5 cups of SR flour      $0.17
*1 punnet strawberries    $2.00 (on special)

Method:
1.  Preheat oven to 190C.
2.  Blend strawberries.  I used a stick blender and a large container.  Don't worry if there are some chunks.
3.  Mix all ingredients together.
4.  Bake for 20-25 minutes (check with a skewer).

Makes:  6 muffins or 12 cupcakes.
 
Total: $2.92.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...